Thursday, April 16, 2009

Rummaging!

I was cleaning up my facebook notes, deleting old ones, etc. and I came across this.
Now, I usually post it on this site too but in case I haven't, I wouldn't want to lose this. Especially because this poem that I personally wrote, helped me through some hard times. So, enjoy this little flashback.

Poetic Prayer.

I manifested myself inside the deepest corner of my mind.
I inhale oxygen as I focus on what hides inside of my thoughts.
And I've fought off temptations from demons stepping out of line.
I'm hiding my heart and never letting it feel the hurt from battles I've fought

So why do I have the need to expose my heart like my eyes?
For everyone to see that I care more than anyone really should
So that everyone can see that I am the truth hidden beneath the lies
That a person that cares exist and I actually would

Go out of my own way to make everyone around me happy
Because I'm selfless that I place everyone before me
But when, Oh God, will I find mine? And sadly,
I'm getting tired of letting people step over me

And not getting a single glance of recognition
Yes, I know, being humble is what Jesus did
But why is being caring a part of my intuition?
Why can I not care, or do you, God, forbid

Me from being like half of the beings
Who can only care about materialistic needs
Who can't believe anything that they're not seeing
Who's only ambition is to feed their bottomless greed

What am i, your son, to do in this situation?
I look up to you, God, but I hear nothing on your end
I'm praying to you, Lord, if I am your creation
Then why do I suffer at every corner and bend?

I apologize for the hate steaming from my prayer
Because I'm slowly starting to doubt that I can
Go on with life, I have a need to put on layers
Becase in the end, I can only hold out my hand

And hope that you will reach out for mine
Help me believe that I am not worthless
I give away my life to those who ask for my time
But God, right now, I feel nothing could be worth this.

No comments: