Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dearest You

Poetry, do you remember...
How I use to run to you when I had the problems on the world upon my shoulder?
How you use to comfort me, no matter when I needed your help?
How I would sometimes lay awake at five in the morning and you would be there to keep me company?

Poetry, do you recall...
How I first met you, in the form of a simple rhyming scheme?
How I use to find it amusing just to hear the end of a sentence rhyme with another?
How I would read the dictionary so I could extend my understanding just for you?

Poetry, have you dismissed from your mind...
How I weaved words and similes and metaphors into something meaningful?
How I looked up to you because your words could always make me feel better?
How I could relate to you, so easily and yet you are still so mysterious?

Poetry, do you recollect...
A time where all I would do was spend countless hours listening to you?
A time where I would fall asleep thinking about what we're going to do the next day?
A time where I compromised everything, just so I could spend another second with you?

Poetry, have I hurt you...
Because you and I were once inseperable, and now, I don't even call you
Because before you were my first thought and my last thought and I'd constantly think about you throughout my day
Because you were once all I could talk about, and now, I don't even dare say your name.

Poetry, do you hold a grudge against me...
Because our relationship is on and off, and sometimes I replace you with someone else?
Because I've hurt you so many times, forgetting about us and focusing on my needs?
Because I made it seem like I don't need you anymore?

Poetry, have you forgotten...
About how I wanted you so bad that I would do anything to be close to you?
About how I would constantly write to you, just to make you smile?
About how I have written countless poems and stories and letters just so you would never forget...

How much I love you.

Poetry, let me inform you...
That I've wanted to call you because your still running through my mind
That I've wanted to write to you but I felt like you did not want to hear from me
That I've written countless letters thinking to myself, it is not perfect enough for you.

Poetry, let me remind you...
That you have pulled me through some of the toughest times of my life.
That throughout all the things we've gone through, you always put me first.
That no matter how much I've neglected you and hurt you, you still love me so.

Poetry, how could I forget?
You're my one and only true love.

Poetry, without your guidance...
I could not have been able to find my passion.
I could not have been able to maintain my sanity when my world broke apart.
I could not have been able to pick myself up without you being at my side.

Poetry, without you...
I am just another fool, thinking about life's meaning
I could not look in the mirror and be proud of who I am
I could not be me.

Poetry, I...
Miss you
Love you
Need you.

1 comment:

peeeace said...

You still write a lot. I'm proud :)