Thursday, March 12, 2009

Trees, Raindrops & Silhouettes

These are my obsessions for a while. Trees without leaves at least. The way it looks behind a clear background is just amazing. The way the branches just reach out, creating lines have no particular end point or a starting point. The way the tree reaches out in a million different directions and the branches managing to defy gravity. Even against the I don't know. In my eyes, it looks amazing, almost breathtaking. But that's just my opinion.

Raindrops are amazing in a whole nother level. They defy gravity. They are not bound by the normal laws of the world. They gather in a single spot, defying gravity. Of course, until a certain point where the raindrop becomes too heavy. Then they simply fall towards the ground and with a simple plop, they disappear, vanishing like thin air. All that remains is a simple mark, leftovers from the water that wasn't soaked in to the ground. It makes you question the existance of the raindrop. If it existed, was it even there? Or was it just a figment of your imagination?

Silhouettes are the third obsession, completing this trilogy of mine. You can't see anything past the dark shadow. The light surrounding the figure overpowers the colour of the figure, hence the effect of a silhouette. Although I've never perfected how to create that perfect silhouette figure, I will one day. In fact I have on in mind already, although it's not quite original. Silhouettes fascinate me beyond my own thoughts. I don't know why, but there is something about a silhouette that is awe-gazing. Maybe the fact that you do not clearly see the expression of the person's face, depending on the perspective. If the figure was looking at you, in a silhouette, you wouldn't know if the figure was smiling. For all you know, it has an evil smirk and it wishes to pull you into it's evil influence. Maybe that's why I am fascinated by a silhouette. You never know it's true appearance.

These three things, I can easily relate to. I'm biased towards pictures that include these because I already love the thought of them. They are so relate-able. A tree, rooted deeply into the ground has its branches reaching out for the skies. Hoping that something else will reach for it back and pull it up. I just see beauty in trees. I'm odd like that. Raindrops, the whole idea of did their existence ever happen just adds how frail our minds really are. Sure, we have books to remind us of what was and history, but how do we know for sure that what is written is facts? For I am a writer and I weave a lot of fictional stories. Sometimes, I get too deep into my stories or even poetry that I forget that it's just a story. Maybe I'm different like that. Silhouettes hide what is there on the surface and what's underneath. I promised myself never to open up like a virgin's legs. I've been hurt too many times from being care free about who I trust. I've learned my lesson after so many heartaches and heartbreaks. But that doesn't mean I don't open up, I'm not bitter. I've changed but I have not grown a hateful taste towards the world. I will always be the guy that smiles after everything, through anything. Because there are too many things in the world that are beautiful to not smile about. There are too many things worth smiling for. Maybe I am too different. But if I'm not, then I become like everyone else. And there is no worse nightmare than being similar with those who do not see the world for it's beauty. I'm seventeen and the world is beautiful through my eyes, and I've only seen one tenth of the world. Weird, different, odd, whatever you call me, I will always be different. I was born different and I'm proud to be.

No comments: