Monday, March 23, 2009

The Extra Stuff

Kay, so I'm hella bored and I haven't written anything worth reading. So I think I'll just talk about this new mixtape that I've been listening to lately. Yes, it's called The Extra Stuff, and it's by D-Pryde. It's been out for a while but I was hella lazy and only downloaded it last night. Thirty four songs in it, but five of them were corrupted or broken or something. So now, I'm down to twenty nine songs to listen to. Some people don't really like D-Pryde, and I'll be honest. I never did at first, I thought, who the fuck is this kid trying to rap? But listening to some of his latest songs, he's got a dope flow and clever lyrics. I think he's a good artist, better than half of the ones that get paid millions of dollars for making shit tracks. Kay, back to the actual album. Like I said before, five of the tracks got corrupted when I was unzipping the file. So I'm missing tracks four, eleven, thirty one, thirty two, and thirty three. Well, I'm not sure. I thought there was thirty five, but the thirty fourth song says outro, so I'm just assuming.

To be honest, I've been looking forward to listening to his mixtape. And now that I have it, I must admit, it's pretty dope. Some songs are just parodies, which though a bit childish, IMO, is still funny. Note, it's not my intention to diss the artist, but just solely stating my opinion. There's a lot of other artists featuring and they compliment D-Pryde's style of parody songs. But that's just the parody songs. D-Pryde is a legit artists and I won't judge him if he's hella bored and feels like having fun. Again, I'm not trying to diss him.

But though there were a handful of satirical songs, the ones that, in my opinion, were done for the purpose of being heard and get his name out there (not like it already is), deserve to be heard by the public. It'll be surely a breath of fresh air compared to the artists that are popping up like accident babies. So, in short, I will place some songs of his on my iPod because I thought they were pretty dope. These are the songs that I thought are pretty bomb - Good Love, Superstar, Single Freeverse, Styll Fly, I Can Tell, Heart of the City, Teach U A Lesson, Moved On, AM to the PM, Bounce, Get Em D, Paper Touching, Happy Valentines Day. The list was more for me than you.

Anyways, that's my errm, review of his mixtape. But thanks to D-Pryde, I've started listening to Robin Thicke.

On another totally random note, I'm continuing my story, which is like twenty something pages long. I figured, I'd rather finish it now than just leave it unfinished. More on that later, back to my lovely ps3!

No comments: