Saturday, March 28, 2009

To the Grandparents I never knew

Sorry, you don't have to read this. It's just something I felt like I needed to do.

Dear Lolo,
Even though I never knew you, you're one of the people that I hope I made proud. As I wake up every morning, you're never forgotten. How I wish I got to know you and learn from you before you passed away. I hope I'm making you proud as I progress in my life, though it seems unfulfilled right now. But I promise to make you and our whole family proud. And I never break my promises. Not anymore. I know you're looking after me now, thank you. Thank you for being the rock that I always need, spiritually. The thought of you and the stories that my mom tells about you are limitless. Even though we never met, I feel like I know you, though I wish I grew up learning from you personally. I'm sure that I would've been more disciplined. Thank you for everything, for working to provide my mom with the education she needed to be who she is. I miss you. And though I never met you, know that I love you.

Dear Lola,
From both my parent's side, there's one grandparent that I never got to meet. I saw pictures of you throughout my whole life and I'm sure that we would've gotten along quite well, from the stories that my parents tell me of you. They tell me that we're similar, maybe because I'm your grandson. And although we never talk about you, don't think that we forgotten you. After all, we visited you first when we went back to Philippines. It made me sad to see my dad like that. I'm pretty sure he misses you a lot. We all do. I hope that, while you're looking down on me, I'm making you proud. I know we'll meet one day, and I look forward in hearing the stories you never got to tell me. I miss you po. We all do. I love you and thank you for everything that you provided to my dad. Without those, who knows where I'd be growing up. Thank you.

No comments: