Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just So You Know...

There comes a time where we think that things could've gone different. That we could've done something to change how things ended up. It's been a while for me but I still wish things could've ended differently. That's the beauty of life I suppose. Things happen, things change, you move on, they do, either way, nothing can be held on too long enough to cherish. After all, how do you think they came up with the line, "You don't know what you've got till it's gone." From my experience, and you can claim me wrong if you think differently, it's these "what if's" that make us better, stronger and hopefully, one day, perfect. There is not a single plausible way for us to become perfect, because perfection is just out of our humane grasp, but going through the heartbreaks, the problems, the arguements and the new significant others help us get there. So, yes, you will feel like crap. You'll beat yourself up for not doing anything different. You'll feel like you could've done a single thing to change the outcome of the whole event. I still think so, and I'll admit, I can't let go of it, no matter how hard I try. I know you know what I'm talking about. The one person who you thought was worth everything in the world. And that's why you're thinking like that. Because for once in our lives, we placed aside our stupidity, our guy habits and actually did a mature thing. And that is to commit. It's not hard but it's still not easy. Especially for people like us. But what can we do? You're going to say, something. But think about it, really? You know more than anyone else that things don't work out that easily. We don't live in a fairy tale and shit happens. So do yourself a favour, pick yourself up, move on with life and just so you know, they'll miss you. They'll miss you more for being able to put yourself together after such a hard decision, to show that you're still living and your world didn't come crashing down without them. It took me a hella long time to get myself up, and I feel like an idiot for letting it take so long, but in the end, I'm back to normal, sorta. And if I can, I'm sure you can too. I'm just saying, don't let this obstacle fuck up your whole life like mine. Whatever you decide on doing, like we said last night, there's only two choices, fifty fifty at each, don't let it affect everything else about you. She's losing something great, let her see that. I've never seen you work so hard for a chick before, but life is filled with random events that will keep you wondering why it happened. So forget why it happened, just leave it up to fate or destiny or whatever godly forces work in our lives. Just don't let it fuck up your entire life, and I'm speaking wise words here. So you better heed them cuz me giving out advice that you can ACTUALLY use is hella rare nowadays.

That's what I wanted to say last night when you called, but I was hella lazy to speak. Take it easy bro. I got you fam.

No comments: