Friday, February 6, 2009

Wishful Thinking

If I could sleep forever, living in my dreams
I'd be happier, staying seventeen
Just being what I want to be for eternity
I don't have to work hard to be what I want to be
I would never have problems staying in class
In my dreams, school priority is always last
And we're past all the racism and discrimination
And I'm never battling my devlish temptation
That'd be a better world than where I am
I would stay there because I can
Do anything my mind desires
And not do anything that requires
Me to compete with other people
Spend years on that then be pushed off the steeple
Once you learn that someone else got the job
And you resort to being in school as a janitor with a mop
So I prefer to be in my dreams than reality
Because in my dreams is where I can reach what I want to be.

No comments: