Monday, February 9, 2009

Wasted My Time

Have you ever looked up at the sky
And wonder how things just fly by
You're hoping you'll find a way out
But you can't help but place doubt

Have you ever seen a friend
Go out of his way to send
Kind words to those around
And never hear thanking sound?

Have you ever felt that
Everytime you look back
You've wasted your time
Hoping and waiting for the right sign?

Have you ever cooked breakfast
Watched people devour it fast
And not see a single smile
Making you think that the effort was not worthwhile?

Have you ever felt alone
Knowing that your on your own
Never wanting to ask for assitance
Because you know they'll turn you down in an instant?

Have you ever tried crying out for help
Hoping that someone had heard your yelp
But no one even pays attention to you
And you feel like your words are on mute

When you feel like this, I promise you this
I'll be there to make sure you don't miss
A single second of what life has to give
Because everyone has something to live for

Because I know that I've never wasted my time
When I tend to others before I tend to mine
And as I continue to write this line
Just know, that being your friend has never been a waste of my time.

No comments: