Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Another Resolution!

Along with my "Finish all my unfinished stories" resolution, I have made two other ones! Hurray for me. I am going to admit to SOMEONE what I am, once a day. I decided that I will write a poem and another attempt at multi's each night or at least every two nights. So here's the poem for tonight.

Another night spent lying awake
Wondering if my attempts are too late
Thinking that I cannot trick fate
But I just wanted to loudly state

That I cannot stop thinking of you
Sometimes I wonder if my feelings are true
But I try to keep these feelings on mute
Because my heart and my mind are always in dispute

My heart screams out, take another chance
Break out of my ridiculous defensive stance
How was my heart won over in an instant?
Why am I now, feeling so hesitant?

Resistant to the thought that I care for another
Because of my past, I never wanted any other
I am over who tore me, but I think now, why bother?
Saying to myself, this will just end up like the others

Ending in hurt, pain and unnessesary emotions
But too late now, events unfolding, already in motion
I always listen to my heart's suggestions
Nonetheless, I still feel my own hesitation

So I will wait for a sign to come flying by
No one can tell me that I didn't try
To think things through, but I just might
Take another risk, and let my heart take flight.

No comments: