Thursday, July 2, 2009

Promises

My words aren't promising,
But I can promise you that my words are filled with sincerity and honesty,
Because I never want to lose you,
So forget I made you think,
Forget I asked a stupid question,
I'll just sit back on the sidelines
Wondering what ifs
Thinking what about us
Proclaiming that I will never leave you.
But I understand it's hard to give your heart away
Especially when people have given up before
I've been through that too, more than you know
I understand why you're questioning my honesty
Because I'll admit, I'm not always an honest guy
Except when I'm talking to you
People say I'm a nice guy, when I'm really not
But people insist otherwise
But I guess I'll just sit on the sideline
Because that's all I really am, everytime.
I'm JUST a friend, and I guess I always will be.
Until you give me a chance.
So I could prove to you that I will never leave you.
But hey, even if I am just a friend,
I'll still be here for you no matter what.

No comments: