Monday, November 9, 2009

Insecurity.

Am I special?
I'm an infant playing with toys.
A child learning to play the game.
Just a kid living in a virtual world.
A teen challenging the bounderies of his mind.
Just an eighteen year old holding a controller, exploring the realms of the real world.
See, I'm nothing special.
I'm walking through life, aimlessly.
Trying to decipher the maze inside the mind.
Breathless at the wonders of the free world.
I'm just curious, and I act on it.
So, I'm just an infant, playing with toys.
I'm nothing special.
I'm trying to learn to be the perfect person.
Though I'm failing to even come near that goal.
Because perfection does not exist.
But I still strive to be perfect at what I do.
I'm just a child learning to play the game.
I'm nothing close to special.
I pretend everything's a game.
So that when I get hurt, I just restart.
Except I don't start from the beginning.
I start from where I left off,
Pick up the pieces and move forward.
Playing an RPG and my charisma is my strongest attribute.
Use my smile 'cuz it's my strongest magic
And hope to charm an unsuspecting victim.
I'm just a kid living in a virtual world.
I'm nothing, especially not special.
I'm in love with the human mind.
Only using ten percent, I strive to unlock the other ninety.
Einstein discovered math, and they believed he used eleven percent.
Imagine, the possibilities when one's using all one hundred percent.
But I dabble in first hand experiences.
Experiments, figuring out how it works through experiments.
I'm just a teen challenging the bounderies of his mind.
I'm experimenting with your feelings, is that why you think I'm special?
I'm finally eighteen.
Technically legal.
But I'm still childish.
Immature.
Smiling and laughing like a little kid should.
Making jokes, making those around me smile.
An eighteen year old, with an infant's mind.
Eighteen years of age, with a child's attention span.
Eighteenth year since birth, still a kid at heart.
Eighteen years have passed
I've accomplished nothing
I've let a decade and eight years slip by me.
I'm not special!
That's how the world portrays me.
How jobs and careers and schools show me.
I'm nothing, except another face in the street.
Another body in the city.
Another figure in the shadow of the world.
I'm just somebody else.
I'm easily replaced.
So basically, the entire universe tells me I'm not special.
I'm just another human being.
So please, save your "You are special to me," speech for some other sucker.
Because I know the truth.
I'm just another character.
I'm not special...

No comments: