Sunday, November 1, 2009

Horrible.

My friend keeps telling me I'm horrible on an almost daily basis.
My friend calls me evil at times.
Some people say I'm a very deceitful person.
But I'm human.
I'm also sincere, brutally honest, passionate.
I think those three qualities should outshine my cynical side.
I must admit, I may not be conceited, and sometimes I lack confidence and self esteem, but I am cynical, up to a certain point.
I've gone through a lot, so my kind hearted nature that people keep telling me that I am, which I sometimes disbelieve due to my humble and cynical nature, is hard to reach.
It's buried underneath everything I've gone through.
Also, I've become impatient.
If you don't believe me, I won't waste my time telling you that I really am telling the truth.
I am who I am.
I've accepted myself for who I am.
I'm not going to change for anyone, ever again.
It's a warning, so that when you get close, and you, for some strange reason, fall for me, you'll know what to expect.
Even just befriending me, I don't hide my true colours.
I show them from the first day I'll meet you, to the very last words you'll ever say to me.
I've got trust issues, so you'll have to prove yourself.
I know, you're thinking, who the fuck am I to be saying such things.
If you're thinking that, then... you don't deserve my friendship.
Yes, I said deserve.
I lack self esteem, but I know damn well that I'm a good person.
And that I am worth more than a backstab opportunity waiting to happen.
But if you do manage to pull through, break down all the walls I've placed, walk past every landmine I've planted and look past everything I portray on the outside...
You'll see that inside, lies a soul, who's kind hearted, generous, sincere, honest, passionate, loving, caring, intelligent, interesting, and holds a heart too big for him to hold.
But I promise you, you'll go through hell and back before you ever take a glimpse of that soul, that side of me.
That's why I'm branded as horrible.

No comments: