Thursday, February 11, 2010

Preview.

I use to think that putting the past in the past is the best way to make a relationship last.
And when I passed a certain point, it was okay to stop being so cheesy.
But see, I'm branded as flirty, when I'm really being friendly.
And my girlfriend's the jealous type, use to be the teasin' type, so she's secretly mad at me.
Doesn't bug her that she's losing phone time, down time, chill time.
Until its too late to say why aren't I in your limelight?
And I always reply, I'm busy babe, school and all.
When in reality, I'm thinking, I have another call.
Then they say, I miss your voice, I called you earlier.
You did? Oh, my cellular? Yeah, it went to voicemail everytime.
So can we talk now? Sorry babe, someone's on the other line.
She hangs up, a little bit mad at me.
No guilt cause I know she's a little bit in love with me.
Back to the other call, and it's another chick.
You're probably thinking that I'm such a dick.
I know, I'm kinda proud of it.
Because being nice didn't do shit.
Always got me stuck in that friend zone.
Only got phone calls when drama hits close to home.
The phone girl asked who was that?
Don't worry girl, what matters is that I'm back.
She talks more, but I didn't pay attention attentively
All I heard was something, something, boyfriend broke up with me.
Green light, flow of conversation switched quick.
Green light, she flirtin' back, lust is lit.
Feed that fire with temptation and desire.
You're single too, right? Obviously, said the liar.
Break up with the girlfriend for this one night stand.
Cut off all ties with jealousy, so lust should understand.
I'll tell her, I broke up with her for you.
Why did you lie to me, Because you wouldn't want me to.
What matters is that I didn't picked her over you.
Would you want me to stay with her instead of you?
She shook her head, and hugged me real tight.
Said I'm happy that you're my boyfriend now.
I'm thinking in my head, don't get too comfortable now.
I have to tell you something, she whispered to me.
My exboyfriend broke up with me, because I let his heart bleed.
I cheated on him, though I would tell him otherwise.
I love you, I don't want our foundation to be filled with lies.
I smiled and she smiled right back.
This girl couldn't see how karma already got her back.

-
I think it's finished, but I kinda feel like it's not. Anyways, it's something different and I'll prolly tweak it when I get back from bowling.

1 comment:

Angela Shi said...

I like it :)

"Cut off all ties with jealousy, so lust should understand."
- I didn't get that part though