Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Karma Gets to You

I use to think that putting the past in the past is the best way to make a relationship last.
And when I passed a certain point, it was okay to stop being so cheesy.
But see, I'm branded as flirty, when I'm really being friendly.
And I catch the jealous type, so they're secretly mad at me.
Doesn't bug them that they're losing phone time.
Until its too late to say why aren't I in your limelight?
And I always reply, I'm busy babe, school and all.
When in reality, I'm thinking, I have another call.
They hangs up, a little bit mad at me.
No guilt cause I know they're a little bit in love with me.
I switch phone lines, now I'm hearing low cries.
Now I'm living more lies.
It's this girl I chopped earlier
I can't believe she called my cellular.
She talks and talks, I wasn't really listening.
All I heard was something, something, boyfriend broke up with me.
Then I paid attention attentively.
About how she cheated on him constatly.
I became her shoulder to lean on.
It was the kind of love only seen on - tv.
She said, I'm happy that you're my boyfriend now.
I'm really thinkin', don't get too comfortable now.
I have something to tell you, she whispered to me.
My exboyfriend broke up with me, because I let his heart bleed.
I cheated on him, though I would tell him otherwise.
I love you, I don't want our foundation to be filled with lies.
I smiled and she smiled right back.
This girl couldn't see how karma already got her back.

No comments: