Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thunderous Sounds

Replay that one day, early monday.
On my way to work, somethin' mundane.
The rain came down, with thunderous sounds
A girl walks by, with no umbrella around.
She took cover under the bus shelter.
I felt her shiver from this natural shower.
She sighed and indicated a goodbye.
I asked her to wait, at least till the rain grew light.
We talked for a while, but it came to a close.
As we looked on the horizon, and saw my bus came close.
The rain begain pourning much stronger now.
And she still had no umbrella around.
So I offered her mine, payment in smiles
A name to a face, and a number to dial.
She was grateful and walked on.
Turned the curb with my hand on my phone.
The light conversation that we spent.
Stayed in my mind till the day's end.
Then that evening, I called her then.
"The number you have dialed does not exist, please try again."

No comments: