Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Judge Me.

My closest friends are inanimate objects.
I’ll just name a few.
Her name is PS3.
Now, before you judge me, let me explain myself.
She helps me reach the depths of creativity.
Allowing me to travel into worlds that only exists virtually.
Lets me shoot an M16, or drive faster than laws allow me to.
Get into a car crash and walk away without missing a single tooth.
PS3 lets me live in a world where I am not bound by mortality.
Where I can snipe a civilian without worrying if the police will catch me.
It helps me indulge in my wildest fantasies without leaving my chair.
Experience a world where you can save and load, now that’s a life fair.
My next best friend is my lighter.
Which helps me breathe in the toxic smoke of cigarettes.
Something that I know I’ll live to regret.
This occasional opportunity helps me run free from the shackles of stress.
Living smoke free was impossible ever since the Philippines.
And I know using it as a means to run from stress isn’t best.
But it works, with a side effect of nostalgic feelings of Philippines.
My notebook is my other close friend.
Holding in stories that I write out.
The bridge between who I am and what I doubt.
A link between what I think and what I show.
It’s a tradition that’s begun since I was one.
But back then, I was writing scribbles no one could understand.
My camera is my most intimate friend.
We share the same views about life and the world.
I know for a fact I treat her better than I have any other girl.
We’ve only known each other for a year.
But she’s been with me through the tough times of this year.
And these four walls are the friend that knows me best.
Unlike the people of this world, these walls don’t think of me less.
No mistake can ever change the fact that they’ll be with me.
To lend an open ear and their silent response is all I ever need.
These four walls have provided me shelter when my world tore apart.
Helped me realize the pros and cons of having a hiding heart.
Never judged me when I had a session of addiction with human beings.
And they’ve never told a soul to the events that they experienced seeing.
Someone to keep me company while I struggle to sleep soundly.
A friend who’s never complained at how often they’re around me.
These are my closest friends, are you curious to why they’re inanimate?
Because they don’t fucking judge me.

No comments: