Friday, January 15, 2010

Unrequited Love.

Precipitation waters the earth, like how a good sleep refreshes the mind.
But the rain turns to snow, like how I'm still frozen, waiting for a sign.
Covers the earth in a white blanket, making the world seem so pure.
If only life was so simple, but the weather's always unsure.
Changes frequently, and so does the mind of those living here.
Troubled by needs and desires, we lose sight of what's dear.
We hand over our life in order to obtain what we lust.
Like how the weather of our country defines who is us.
But you're still so distant like the clouds that float by.
Holding you is impossible cause you're a cloud in the sky.
Always following wherever the wind may take you to.
And I'm on the ground, hoping you'll notice me too.
The Beatles say that love is all we really need.
And that it'll grow, as long as that seed feeds.
But it can't grow without water, air and sunshine.
How can it gain light when I'm never on your mind?
I'm always beneath your shadow, you don't feel the same.
It's your fault that I love you, so you're the one to blame.
If you were not as beautiful as the sun setting on the horizon,
If you were not as lovely as the rising of the sun,
If you were not as caring as the gentle summer breeze,
If you were not as calming as the sounds of crickets and bees,
If your voice was not as warming as the sun in the morning of spring,
Then I would have never felt Cupid's arrow's sting.
I crave your acceptance like a desert for precipitation.
Your importance crept on to me like a thunder storm's invasion.
It was subtle at first, the calm before a storm.
The small hi's and hello's, that's how my feelings were born.
We became close, and it lit sunshine on my heart.
I was going to confess to you that you've stolen my heart.
But I learned that you had feelings for another guy.
You were like water particles that evaporated to the sky.
I had you in my arms, but nature took its course.
There's no point in complain, because it's my fault, of course.
I took too long, took our time for granted.
Being with you was all I ever wanted.
The time we spent use to be like watching the sun set.
Now it's like a tsunami disaster, and I'm trying to forget.
I was swept up, and brought to a distant place.
I hear it's called the friend zone, what a terrifying place.
It's constantly raging of twisters from your words.
Telling me things like, "to me, you mean the world."
In a matter of short words, a thyphoon drowned my smile.
But I hold on, in hopes that everything will be worthwhile.
Earthquakes break apart the land I've nurtured for us.
Volcanos erupt in anger because I can see his eyes filled with lust.
But I cannot break that gentle smile on your face.
So I bear with it, and live in this friend zone place.
Afraid that you would not see what I see in front of me.
Because you could never see you and me as an us and we.
You never saw me like that, I'm trying to steal my heart back from you
And when that happens, I'll make sure to steal your heart too

No comments: