Tuesday, January 19, 2010

DayTripper

I thought I dreamt it all.
Because I don't normally remember events.
Or anything else for that matter.
I thought it was all a dream.
I was only fifteen.
Eager to take on a challenge.
I was ready...
To get a girlfriend.
But I was too shy.
Too unconfident.
Not exactly the slickest with words,
Or the sharpest of tongue.
My mouth would seal shut,
When in the presence of the opposite gender.
Face, staring at the ground,
Palms, dripping with sweat,
The most words I've said to a girl.
Was honestly, I like your socks.
Because I would always look down.
Never in direct contact with her eyes.
As if, the minute I looked at her eyes,
I would be petrified like she was medusa.
Or my eyes would combust to flames
Like staring face to face with the sun's flares.
But somehow, we still ended up alone... at her house.
She laughed a little, and told me to look up.
I told her that I can't.
She took her hand and lifted my chin.
And the minute her eyes matched mine...
I noticed that her eyes were hazel brown.
And the more I stared into her eyes...
The more I felt like I was being lured into some sort of trap.
Like how fishes use bright colours to attract prey.
I tried to look away but I couldn't.
As her hands were still on my face, she motioned her face closer.
I got a little nervous.
I've never been THIS close to a girl before.
She closed her eyes and puckered her lips.
I... backed down.
She smiled and apologized.
I said, that's okay.
When in truth, I should've been the one apologizing.
I could've had my first kiss with a girl that I've been admiring for so long.
The girl who's beauty I've adored for so long.
The woman that's surpassed every other girl out there.
The person that I could never give a rating of one to ten.
Because she was above that, and not just because of her looks.
The way she walked brought jealousy to her competition.
The way she flirts brought every guy to his knees.
And I was determined to be the one person she truly desires.
I told her that I liked her.
That I've never kissed anyone before.
And she told me, it's okay.
She'd take care of me.
So, I agreed.
She was on top of me, faster than I'd have imagined.
I thought it was like, those cute disney kisses.
Where it'd be a quick puck, and they both shy away.
But it evolved into something more than that.
Next thing I knew, her clothes were coming off.
And so were mine.
It was like instinct.
My first time going so far and I knew what to do?
What is this madness?
I felt like my whole body went on auto pilot.
Like I knew what came next.
I was scared.
And excited at this new adventure.
This passion was intense.
I couldn't not enjoy it.
I've never felt a sensation before.
Then she pulled out a condom.
And I said...
WHOA THERE.
We're only fifteen.
I admire you and all,
But I want to get to know you first.
This was great and all,
But I want our first time to be special.
Then she spoke words that I never imagined her saying.
This isn't my first time...
Then it hit me.
The reason she brought jealousy to her competition.
The reason she brought every guy to his knees.
I found out.
I found out.
It took me so long to find out.
But I found out.
She's a one way ticket.
She only played one night stands.

No comments: